An easy introduction to maps and map reading for novices with little or no experience of navigation. It’s a relaxed, fun day where participants learn together and discover how to plan and follow a route as we walk. You will be in a small group of no more than five participants plus your tutor.
- Maps, symbols, scales and grids.
- Using a map with the real world.
- Using map features to find your way on paths and tracks.
- Measuring distance and time.
- Introduction to the compass.
- Relocating your position.
- Planning a walk.
- Knowledge of the countryside code.
- What to wear and staying safe.