We’ll cover or refresh the following skills as we walk, devising a route and sharing knowledge in a relaxed, small group:
- Maps, symbols, scales and grids.
- Using a map with the real world.
- Using map features to find your way on paths and tracks.
- Measuring distance and time.
- Using a compass to find features off the path.
- Contour interpretation.
- Techniques such as ‘aiming off’ and ‘attack points’.
- Relocating your position.
Want to make a day of it too? You can also book our book Navigation Refresher Day on Saturday 6 January here