Our walk leaves the quaint village of Birchover. After exploring the unusual rock architecture of Rowtor Rocks, we continue our walk on good field paths and tracks around the village. A gentle ascent then brings us to Stanton Moor. The Moor has plenty to explore including the wonderful Nine Ladies Stone Circle and Cork Stone. The views are extensive over the Derwent Valley. We return to Birchover via a secluded woodland path.
This is a ‘chilled’, easy-pace walk where your guides, Richard and Rachel, will include some Christmas Quiz fun on route!
Meeting and Parking
We meet outside the Red Lion Inn, Birchover, DE4 2BN. There is free parking along the main street close to the pub.
Please see a Google Map showing the location of the Red Lion Pub here.
Coming by Bus or Train
We’re keen to support public transport use and reduce emissions. If you’re arriving reasonably nearby we’ll give you a free lift. Just ask us when you book.
The village has public toilets and two pubs, the Red Lion and the Druid Inn. Bakewell is less than 15 minutes drive with shops, cafes, hotels, restaurants, accommodation, fuel station and toilets. See map here.
This is an Easier Walk. Here is our walk difficulty guide >
We have created a separate page of the most frequently asked questions here >
Click here to see a Google map of accommodation near this walks start.
We have also created a page of Peak District accommodation we recommend here >
Respect, Protect and Enjoy!
We all want to respect, protect and enjoy the fragile upland environments where we walk, so that they can be enjoyed by generations to come. Following The Countryside Code really helps…
- Be considerate to those living in, working in and enjoying the countryside
- Leave gates and property as you find them
- Do not block access to gateways or driveways when parking
- Be nice, say hello, share the space
- Follow local signs and keep to marked paths unless wider access is available
- Take your litter home – leave no trace of your visit
- Do not light fires and only have BBQs where signs say you can
- Always keep dogs under control and in sight
- Dog poo – bag it and bin it – any public waste bin will do
- Care for nature – do not cause damage or disturbance
- Check your route and local conditions
- Plan your adventure – know what to expect and what you can do
- Enjoy your visit, have fun, make a memory
Want to know more?
- Sustainability – our actions and fund raising to support the local environment, communities and economy.
- Contact Us – ask a question or make a suggestion.